If you are looking to purchase an existing H&R Block franchise, we may be able to help.
Franchise Partner, Inc., an H&R Block affiliate, offers two loan products for current and prospective H&R Block franchisees. First, we offer a revolving, secured commercial line of credit called a Franchise Equity Line of Credit (FELC) through Franchise Partner, Inc., to those who qualify.
The second loan, especially appropriate for buying an existing franchise, is an Annual Payments, Adjustable Rate, Term Loan (APARTL). You can apply for credit before being approved as an H&R Block franchisee. It may be possible to get a loan commitment in which the first draw on the line of credit, or the initial advance on the term loan, would be to pay the seller for a portion of the business sales price. At closing, you become the new franchisee, offer your new business property as collateral for the loan, and use the money from the loan to pay the sales price. As a lender to new H&R Block franchisees, Franchise Partner, Inc., considers the following:
- Your Ability to Repay the Loan - You should be able to pay the debt and earn a reasonable return on your investment. Some of the factors contributing to your ability to repay the loan are:
- Agree to a reasonable price for the business.
- Grow the business revenue in future years.
- Keep business expenses under control.
- Consider other sources of income, such as a spouse's income or other funds and investments.
If you would like to apply for franchise financing or learn more about the available loan options, email.
You should always use your own consultants, attorneys and financial advisors to determine whether to make an offer to purchase an existing franchise.