Line of Credit
Stay a step ahead of emergencies or unexpected expenses.
Stay One Step Ahead of Unexpected Expenses
The Emerald Advance® is a year-round line of credit that provides the ability to repeatedly borrow and repay up to $1000126, depending on bank approval. Use it year-round for emergencies, car repairs, bills and other credit needs. Only borrow and repay the specific amount you need.
Use it year-round
If approved, you are eligible to maintain your line of credit year-round127. Be prepared when the unexpected occurs.
Benefits of the Emerald Advance
- Load funds drawn from your line of credit to your H&R Block Emerald Prepaid MasterCard® for easy access.
- Ability to pay down the balance on the Emerald Advance with a portion of your tax refund, if you so choose
- Access to credit year-round
How do I apply?
Emerald Advance will be available in participating offices beginning November 25th
To apply, you will need:
- Current earnings statement
- Unexpired government-issued photo ID
- Your Emerald Card (if you have one)
How To Use
Accessing funds is easy
- You could have year-round access to up to $1,000126, loaded on an H&R Block Emerald Prepaid MasterCard. If approved, you can walk out of the office with funds already loaded to your card.
- At MyEmeraldAdvance.com you can view transactions, make payments and view statements. You can even enroll in electronic statements and will receive a monthly e-mail notification when your statement is available.
- Your account is also accessible through the Emerald Card Mobile Banking app™.
Payback is easy
Only borrow what you need. We have several payment options available – you can pay with cash128, Emerald Card or checking account. You can even pay down the balance on the Emerald Advance with a portion of your tax refund.
Minimum monthly payment of $25 or 4% of the outstanding balance, if greater. Balance due in full by February 15, 2014
We have several convenient options to make a payment, including:
- Check or debit card
- Transfer from Emerald Card
- Cash payment through MoneyGram or PayNearMe ($2.99 service charge applies)119
- Tax Refund – For paydown only, not available for monthly payment
Fees and Terms
- $45 Annual Fee – Assessed on the day the Emerald Advance is opened
36% Annual Percentage Rate (APR) – Finance charge assessed on the amount drawn from your Emerald Advance
- 36% APR applies during promotional period and for unsecured lines of credit. For partial savings-secured and full savings-secured lines of credit, the APR is 18% and 9% respectively. For more details, see the Terms & Conditions.
- $7.50 Late Fee – Payments received after the due date may be assessed a late fee. Assessed monthly, maximum of 5 fees per year.
How do I apply?
You may apply in participating offices from November 25th, 2013, through January 15th, 2014.
H&R Block Emerald Advance® line of credit and H&R Block Emerald Savings® are offered through, and H&R Block Emerald Prepaid MasterCard® is issued by, H&R Block Bank, a Federal Savings Bank, Member FDIC. Line of credit is subject to credit and underwriting approval. Fees apply. If you apply and qualify for an Emerald Advance, H&R Block Bank may report information about your account to credit bureaus. Late payments, missed payments, or other defaults on your account may be reflected in your credit report. Products offered only at participating offices. MasterCard® is a registered trademark of MasterCard® International Incorporated.