Stay One Step Ahead of Unexpected Expenses
The Emerald Advance® is a year-round line of credit that provides the ability to repeatedly borrow and repay up to $1000126, depending on bank approval. Use it year-round for emergencies, car repairs, bills and other credit needs. Only borrow and repay the specific amount you need.
Benefits of the Emerald Advance
- Load funds drawn from your line of credit to your H&R Block Emerald Prepaid MasterCard® for easy access
- Ability to pay down the balance on the Emerald Advance with a portion of your tax refund, if you so choose
- Access to credit year-round
Use it year-round
Be prepared when the unexpected occurs. If approved during the promotional period, you are eligible to maintain your line of credit year-round127.
How do I apply?
Schedule an appointment now to apply for an Emerald Advance at a participating office near you between November 24, 2014 and January 15, 2015. Bring these items with you:
- Current earnings statement (e.g. paycheck stub)
- Unexpired government-issued photo ID (e.g. valid driver's license)
- New clients: proof of current address (e.g. recent bill or bank statement)
- H&R Block Emerald Prepaid MasterCard® (if you have one)
How To Use
Accessing funds is easy
- You could have year-round access to up to $1,000126, loaded on an H&R Block Emerald Prepaid MasterCard. If approved, you can walk out of the office with funds already loaded to your card.
- At MyEmeraldAdvance.com you can view transactions, make payments and view statements. Enroll to receive your statements electronically and you'll be entered into our monthly sweepstakes for a chance to win $500 through April 2015Disclaimer number136. Scroll to bottom of page.. Learn more
- Your account is also accessible through the Emerald Card Mobile Banking App™
Payback is easy
Minimum monthly payment of $25 or 4% of the outstanding balance, if greater. Balance due in full by February 15, 2015.
We have several convenient options to make a payment, including:
- Check or debit card
- Transfer from Emerald Card
- Cash payment at MoneyGram® or 7-Eleven® locations ($2.99 service charge applies)
- Tax Refund – for paydown only, not available for monthly payment
Fees and Terms
- $45 Annual Fee – Assessed on the day the Emerald Advance is opened
- 36% Annual Percentage Rate (APR) – Finance charge assessed on the amount drawn from your Emerald Advance
- 36% APR applies during promotional period and for unsecured lines of credit. For partial savings-secured and full savings-secured lines of credit, the APR is 18% and 9% respectively. For more details, see the Terms & Conditions.
- $7.50 Late Fee – Payments received after the due date may be assessed a late fee. Assessed monthly, maximum of 5 fees per year.