File your taxes confidently knowing H&R Block is behind you every step of the way. We include Worry-free Audit Support for free with H&R Block Free, Basic, Deluxe, Premium, and Premium & Business editions. This means that in the unlikely event of an audit, an H&R Block Enrolled Agent will help you manage the process by:
- IRS Correspondence Management - H&R Block will assist with all communication that is initiated by the IRS or State Department of Revenue(s).
- Audit Preparation - H&R Block will provide detailed information regarding how to prepare for an audit, and extend an offer for an H&R Block Enrolled Agent to represent you in the event of an audit.26
- Audit Representation - An H&R Block Enrolled Agent guides you through what to expect during the audit, attends the audit with you and helps you manage the entire audit experience.26
Trust the tax professionals of H&R Block for taxes done right and support you can count on.
How Worry-free Audit Support® Works:
- Successfully file, via e-file or print and mail, your individual federal or state income tax return (with paid or qualifying free federal return) using H&R Block At Home™ desktop or online software and you are eligible to receive audit support at no additional charge for your 2013 return
- Retain your e-file confirmation e-mail or a copy of your tax return as proof of your eligibility for Worry-free Audit Support.
- If you receive a notice from the IRS or State Department of Revenue or are audited, H&R Block will provide you with assistance with the notice and/or offer to provide you with an H&R Block Enrolled Agent to represent you.26
- Call 1-800-HRBLOCK (1-800-472-5625) to initiate audit services that you may need. Conditions apply. View the complete terms and conditions
Questions & Answers:
- QCan I do my taxes by hand and then sign up for Worry-free Audit Support®?
- ANo. H&R Block Worry-free Audit Support is only offered for returns prepared and filed (whether via e-file or print and mail) with H&R Block At Home™ desktop or online tax preparation software solutions. Worry-free Audit Support is included with all H&R Block At Home programs.
- QWho will benefit from using Worry-free Audit Support®
- AThose clients who want no surprises after filing their taxes. It's a smart way to make sure you're covered no matter how complex your tax situation. The benefits of Worry-free Audit Support will be invaluable in the event that you need representation because the IRS questions your tax return.
- QWhat is an Enrolled Agent?
- AEnrolled Agents are tax professionals who have demonstrated special competence in tax matters and can represent taxpayers before the IRS. Enrolled Agents do not provide legal representation (signed Power of Attorney required).
* Enrolled Agents do not provide legal representation; signed Power of Attorney required. Audit services constitute tax advice only. Consult an attorney for legal advice. Void where prohibited.