Finding answers to your tax questions is now less taxing.

Get Answers To Your Tax Questions

H&R Block Tax Professionals relentlessly focus on making sure you profit from every deduction and credit available.

I do contract work but haven't received my Form 1099-MISC yet. Since I have a good estimate of what I earned, can I file my return?

It's usually best to wait for your Forms 1099-MISC. If you estimate your income and make any errors, you'll need to amend your return to correct them.

As an independent contractor, you’ll report your income on Form 1040, Schedule C. You’re responsible for reporting all income you receive. This is true even if you don’t receive a 1099-MISC.

Look At Your Life Through Taxes

No matter which life stage you're in, H&R Block has the tools and resources to help you understand how taxes impact your life. It's our Purpose. We look at your life through tax... and find ways to help.

Tax Calculators

Estimate your withholdings, calculate your refund, or find out how health care laws may impact you.

Browse Tax Articles

Looking for articles written by the pros at H&R Block? Search our article database to find answers to all of your tax related questions.