Finding answers to your tax questions is now less taxing.

Get Answers To Your Tax Questions

H&R Block Tax Professionals relentlessly focus on making sure you profit from every deduction and credit available.

I had my California taxes withheld on Form CA 592-B. How should I report this on my federal return?

You can claim an itemized deduction for the state taxes California withheld on Schedule A. However, if you claim the deduction, next year you'll have to include the refund amount in your income. You'll report it as an overpayment.

Don’t report the estimated taxes you paid California for the federal taxes you owe. You’ll only report the federal tax withheld.

Look At Your Life Through Taxes

No matter which life stage you're in, H&R Block has the tools and resources to help you understand how taxes impact your life. It's our Purpose. We look at your life through tax... and find ways to help.

Tax Calculators

Estimate your withholdings, calculate your refund, or find out how health care laws may impact you.

Browse Tax Articles

Looking for articles written by the pros at H&R Block? Search our article database to find answers to all of your tax related questions.