Finding answers to your tax questions is now less taxing.

Get Answers To Your Tax Questions

H&R Block Tax Professionals relentlessly focus on making sure you profit from every deduction and credit available.

Can I claim new energy-efficient windows for an energy credit?

Maybe. You might be able to claim the nonbusiness energy property credit. You must have installed the windows on a home you owned and used as your main home at the time of the installation. Also, the windows must meet certain criteria to qualify for the credit.

The manufacturer's certification statement will tell you if windows are eligible for the credit. You must have installed the windows in the climate zone specified on the statement. Keep this certification statement for your records. For more information on this credit, visit

In 2013, the amount of the credit is 10% of the cost. This doesn't include installation and labor costs. You can claim up to a maximum of $500 . Claim the credit on Form 5695. However, no more than $200 can come from windows and skylights.

Look At Your Life Through Taxes

No matter which life stage you're in, H&R Block has the tools and resources to help you understand how taxes impact your life. It's our Purpose. We look at your life through tax... and find ways to help.

Tax Calculators

Estimate your withholdings, calculate your refund, or find out how health care laws may impact you.

Browse Tax Articles

Looking for articles written by the pros at H&R Block? Search our article database to find answers to all of your tax related questions.