Finding answers to your tax questions is now less taxing.

Get Answers To Your Tax Questions

H&R Block Tax Professionals relentlessly focus on making sure you profit from every deduction and credit available.

If my only income was unemployment, can I still get a refund?

Yes, you can receive a refund if you:

  • Had taxes withheld from your unemployment benefits
  • Paid estimated taxes
  • Can claim refundable credits, like:
    • Earned Income Credit (EIC)
    • Additional child tax credit
    • Health coverage credit
    • Prior-year Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT) credit


Look At Your Life Through Taxes

No matter which life stage you're in, H&R Block has the tools and resources to help you understand how taxes impact your life. It's our Purpose. We look at your life through tax... and find ways to help.

Tax Calculators

Estimate your withholdings, calculate your refund, or find out how health care laws may impact you.

Browse Tax Articles

Looking for articles written by the pros at H&R Block? Search our article database to find answers to all of your tax related questions.