Finding answers to your tax questions is now less taxing.

Get Answers To Your Tax Questions

H&R Block Tax Professionals relentlessly focus on making sure you profit from every deduction and credit available.

If the unemployment office overpaid me, can they take my federal tax refund?

Yes. If the overpayment was due to fraud under state law, your federal refund can be reduced to cover the overpayment debt plus any penalties and interest.

The IRS must notify you that your refund has been reduced to satisfy a covered unemployment compensation debt.

The IRS will pay the offset amount to the state and notify the state of the repayment.

Look At Your Life Through Taxes

No matter which life stage you're in, H&R Block has the tools and resources to help you understand how taxes impact your life. It's our Purpose. We look at your life through tax... and find ways to help.

Tax Calculators

Estimate your withholdings, calculate your refund, or find out how health care laws may impact you.

Browse Tax Articles

Looking for articles written by the pros at H&R Block? Search our article database to find answers to all of your tax related questions.