Can I receive the EIC if I don't have a child?
Yes. However, you must meet all of these requirements:
- You have a valid Social Security number (SSN).
- You were a U.S. citizen or resident alien all year.
- Your filing status isn’t married filing separately.
- Your investment income is less than **EICMaxInvIncome** for the year.
- You didn't file Form 2555: Foreign Earned Income or Form 2555-EZ: Foreign Earned Income Exclusion.
- You -- or your spouse if married filing jointly -- are at least age 25 but under age 65 at year's end.
- You aren't another person's dependent.
- You aren't another person's qualifying child.
- You lived in the United States more than half of the year.
- You made no more than **EICNonMFJLimit0Long** -- or $19,190 if married filing jointly.