Finding answers to your tax questions is now less taxing.

Get Answers To Your Tax Questions

H&R Block Tax Professionals relentlessly focus on making sure you profit from every deduction and credit available.

If I've paid student-loan interest for the last few years but never claimed it, can I claim it now?

You deduct the interest paid on student loans in the year you pay the interest. If you paid interest in years past but didn't deduct it, you can amend the returns for those years.  File Form 1040X to amend the returns and claim the deductions.

You can only amend returns for three years after filing.

Look At Your Life Through Taxes

No matter which life stage you're in, H&R Block has the tools and resources to help you understand how taxes impact your life. It's our Purpose. We look at your life through tax... and find ways to help.

Tax Calculators

Estimate your withholdings, calculate your refund, or find out how health care laws may impact you.

Browse Tax Articles

Looking for articles written by the pros at H&R Block? Search our article database to find answers to all of your tax related questions.