Updates are currently unavailable for Tax Year 2015 products. Please check back in mid-January. For Tax Year 2014 and older products, see Prior Year Software Updates.
To update H&R Block Software, just follow these easy steps:
- Tell us which version of the H&R Block Federal software you're using; then click Download Update.
- Note: Be sure to select the correct version, otherwise the software will not update properly. To determine which version of H&R Block Federal Software you have, follow these steps:
- Open the software
- From the Help menu, select About H&R Block
- The software version is displayed to the right of the H&R Block icon
- When prompted, save the update file to a known location, such as your desktop. The file will be named in a format similar H&R Block_Premium_2015_Update_A.exe, depending on your product version.
- Close H&R Block Federal Software, if it's open.
- Double-click the update file on your desktop (or other location where you saved it).
- Follow the instructions to complete the installation.