TaxCut Updates and Workarounds for the 2000 Federal Windows and Windows Deluxe Editions
To update your copy of TaxCut for the 2000 tax year, open TaxCut and choose Update TaxCut from the Tools menu. The program does the rest. If you have problems updating TaxCut from within the program as described above, follow the instructions below to download and install the update from this Web site.
- Click here to download the update. Most browsers will prompt you to save the file (tc00updb.exe) to disk. Choose a place to save the file, and remember its location. We recommend that you do not save it in the TaxCut00 folder.
- Close TaxCut, if it is open.
- Open Explorer, locate the file (tc00updb.exe) and double-click it.
- Click Next. The Select Destination Directory dialog box appears.
- If you installed TaxCut in the directory C:\TAXCUT00, click Next. If you installed TaxCut on a different drive or in a different directory, click Browse and select the correct drive and directory. Click OK, and then click Next.
Note: You must install the update files in the same directory that contains the TaxCut 2000 program files.
- To complete the installation, follow the instructions displayed by the update program.