TaxCut 2006 Macintosh Federal Updates
The Federal update includes changes we've made to TaxCut including updates to draft
versions of forms that were not finalized by the IRS at the time we originally shipped
Update within TaxCut (recommended)
- Open TaxCut.
- Go to the Tools menu, and select Update TaxCut.
- The program will step you through the rest of the process.
- Select your version from the dropdown list, then click the Download Update button.
- If asked if you are sure you want to continue downloading the file because it contains an application, click Continue.
- After the update file (named TaxCut_Premium_2006_UpdaterE.dmg or something similar depending on the update) is done downloading it will appear on your desktop.
- Close TaxCut, if it is open.
- Double-click the mounted disk image (named TaxCut_Premium_2006_UpdaterE.dmg or something similar depending on the update) on your desktop.
- Double-click the "TaxCut 2006 Updater file in Finder to install the update.
To update from within TaxCut: