TaxCut 2006 Windows State Updates
- Open TaxCut.
- Go to the Tools menu, and select Update TaxCut.
- The program will step you through the rest of the process.
- Select your state from the dropdown list, then click the Download Update button.
- When prompted to save the update file to disk save it to your desktop. The file will be named TaxCut_2006_California_UpdaterB.exe or something similar depending on which version of TaxCut you are updating.
- Close TaxCut, if it is open.
- Double-click the update file (example TaxCut_2006_California_UpdaterB.exe) on your desktop (or in another location you saved it to).
- To complete the installation, follow the instructions displayed by the update program.
The State update includes changes we've made to TaxCut including updates to draft versions of forms that were not finalized by the IRS at the time we originally shipped TaxCut.
Update within TaxCut (recommended)
To update from within TaxCut:
Download and Install Update Yourself
If you are unable to update within TaxCut, you can download the update from our website by completing the following steps: