Download and Install Updates Yourself
- Tell us which version of TaxCut software you're using:
Note: Be sure to select the correct version, otherwise the software will not update properly. To determine which version of TaxCut you have, follow these steps:
- Launch the software
- From the TaxCut menu, select About TaxCut
- The software version is displayed just below the TaxCut icon
If prompted by your Web browser, select to continue downloading the file. When the file finishes downloading, look for it in your browser's default download location. The file will be named in a format similar to TaxCut_Basic_2008_UpdaterE.dmg, depending on your product version.
- For Mac OS 10.4.X (Tiger), default download location is usually the desktop
- For Mac OS 10.5.X (Leopard), default download location is usually the Downloads folder, found on your Dock next to the Trash
- Close TaxCut, if it's open.
- Locate the downloaded file (disk image) and double-click to run it. The disk image should mount on your desktop and automatically open a Finder window containing the "TaxCut 2008 Updater" file.
- Double-click the "TaxCut 2008 Updater" file and follow the instructions to complete the installation.
- Once the update is complete, you can safely eject the mounted disk image by dragging it to the Trash.
Back to Update Center