Download and Install Updates Yourself
- Tell us which version of H&R Block At Home™ software you're using:
Note: Be sure to select the correct version, otherwise the software will not update properly. To determine which version of H&R Block At Home™ you have, follow these steps:
- Open the software
- From the H&R Block menu, select About H&R Block
- The software version is displayed below the H&R Block At Home™ icon
If prompted by your Web browser, select to continue downloading the file. When the file finishes downloading, look for it in your browser's default download location. The file will be named in a format similar to H&R Block 2010 Updater - Deluxe.dmg, depending on your product version.
- For Mac OS X Tiger version 10.4.x, the default download location is your Desktop.
- For Mac OS X Leopard version 10.5.x and Snow Leopard version 10.6.x, the default download location is the Downloads folder, found on the right side of your Dock, or in your Home folder.
- Close H&R Block 2010, if it's open.
- Locate the downloaded .dmg file (disk image) and double-click to open it. The disk image should mount on your desktop and automatically open a Finder window containing the "H&R Block 2010 Updater" file.
- Double-click the "H&R Block 2010 Updater" file and follow the instructions to complete the installation.
- Once the update is complete, you can safely eject the mounted disk image by dragging it to the Trash.
Back to Update Center