We bought a vehicle in 2014, but we forgot to claim the sales tax on our 2014 return. Can we claim the tax on our 2015 return or are we required to file an amended tax return form? Would we use Form 1040X?

No. You can't claim the deduction this year. To amend your 2014 tax return to claim the sales tax paid you will have to file an amended tax return form. Use Form 1040X.

Ready to file?

You've got your forms. And we've got your back. There's only one thing left to do. Let's do this.


So how much will you get (or owe) this year? That’s the million-dollar question. We happen to have three very useful calculators to help you estimate your refund or balance due.

Need Live Support? 1-800-HRBLOCK (1-800-472-5625) or Find An Office