Get Answers


What is the federal income tax withheld from my pay?

The federal income tax withheld is the amount your employer takes out of your paychecks to pay the federal income taxes. The amount your employer withholds is based on the information you provide on the W-4.  

If you need to change your withholding amount, file a new W-4 with your employer. The amount of federal tax withheld is reported on your W-2, Box 2.

Ready to file?

You've got your forms. And we've got your back. There's only one thing left to do. Let's do this.


So how much will you get (or owe) this year? That’s the million-dollar question. We happen to have three very useful calculators to help you estimate your refund or balance due.

Need Live Support? 1-800-HRBLOCK (1-800-472-5625) or Find An Office