IRS Letter 2272C
We Can’t Consider Your IRS Installment Agreement Request
Type of Notice: Unpaid balance
Most common tax problem area: IRS bill for unpaid taxes
Other tax problem areas: IRS penalities
Why you received IRS Letter 2272C
- You have an unpaid balance with the IRS.
- You requested an installment agreement or extension of time to pay.
- The IRS reviewed your request and sent Letter 2272C because either:
- The IRS has rejected the installment request.
- The IRS needs more information to process your installment agreement request.
Your options to address IRS Letter 2272C
- Provide the requested documentation
- Make arrangements to pay
- Dispute the penalties
Notice deadline: 10 days
If you miss the deadline: The IRS may begin enforcement action such as filing a lien on your property or issuing a levy against your wages or bank accounts.
Want more help?
See your local tax pro for a free consultation.
Ready to file?
You've got your forms. And we've got your back. There's only one thing left to do. Let's do this.
So how much will you get (or owe) this year? That’s the million-dollar question. We happen to have three very useful calculators to help you estimate your refund or balance due.