Get Answers


IRS Notice CP11

Changes to your Form 1040, Amount Due

Each year, millions of taxpayers are faced with a tax bill they can't afford to pay. If the IRS sends you a notice about an unpaid balance, the first thing to do is make sure the amount is correct. Let the experts at H&R Block research your balance to make sure you don't wind up paying more than you're required to pay.

What happened?

  1. When the IRS processed your tax return, it discovered a tax return processing error.
  2. The IRS corrected the tax miscalculation, and it resulted in additional taxes due.
  3. The IRS sent CP11 to inform you of the amount you now owe because of your return adjustment.

How can H&R Block help?

  • Occasionally, the IRS is missing information and sends CP11 notices in error. We'll look into the credit or deduction you claimed and confirm whether the notice is correct.
  • If the notice is correct and you can't afford to pay the amount, we'll see if you qualify for payment plan options.

Have questions about a CP11 notice you received? Schedule a FREE consultation with an H&R Block tax professional today. We'll sit down to review your notice, answer your questions, and, if necessary, recommend next steps to get your issue resolved.

Ready to file?

You've got your forms. And we've got your back. There's only one thing left to do. Let's do this.


So how much will you get (or owe) this year? That’s the million-dollar question. We happen to have three very useful calculators to help you estimate your refund or balance due.

Need Live Support? 1-800-HRBLOCK (1-800-472-5625) or Find An Office