Get Answers


IRS Notice CP2057

You may need to file an amended Form 1040X

Each year, the IRS sends millions of notices regarding discrepancies on tax returns. But not all of these notices are sent correctly. Before you attempt to contact or pay the IRS, let H&R Block help you make sure the account discrepancy notice wasn't sent in error.

What happened?

  1. You received an IRS notice indicating you may have underreported income.
  2. The IRS sent CP2057 to request you review your records to make sure the income amount stated on the tax return is correct.

How can H&R Block help?

  • Occasionally, the IRS is missing information in its records and sends CP2057 notices in error. We'll look into the income discrepancy and make sure the notice was sent correctly.
  • If the notice is correct, we can help you correct the error and file an amended return.

Have questions about an IRS Notice CP2057 you received? Schedule a FREE consultation with an H&R Block tax professional today. We'll sit down to review your notice, answer your questions, and, if necessary, recommend next steps to get your issue resolved.

Ready to file?

You've got your forms. And we've got your back. There's only one thing left to do. Let's do this.


So how much will you get (or owe) this year? That’s the million-dollar question. We happen to have three very useful calculators to help you estimate your refund or balance due.

Need Live Support? 1-800-HRBLOCK (1-800-472-5625) or Find An Office