Get Answers


IRS Notice CP59

You didn't file a Form 1040 tax return

Many situations can lead to an IRS notice about an unfiled tax return. Perhaps your return hasn't been processed yet, and the IRS sent the notice in error. Maybe something prevented you from filing your return this year. Whatever the case, H&R Block will help you get the issue straightened out and make sure the problem doesn't get worse.

What happened?

  1. The IRS never received a tax return from you for the year specified.
  2. The IRS notice you received was a reminder for you to submit Form 1040.

How can H&R Block help?

  • Not everyone is required to file a tax return. We'll confirm whether you have a filing requirement.
  • Sometimes, the IRS is missing information. If you think you filed a tax return, but received a CP59 notice, come into an office and we will contact the IRS to research your account.
  • It's extremely important to file a tax return. If you haven't filed yet, let us file your taxes and prevent the problem from getting worse.

Have questions about a CP59 notice you received? Schedule a FREE consultation with an H&R Block tax professional today. We'll sit down to review your notice, answer your questions, and, if necessary, recommend next steps to get your issue resolved.

Ready to file?

You've got your forms. And we've got your back. There's only one thing left to do. Let's do this.


So how much will you get (or owe) this year? That’s the million-dollar question. We happen to have three very useful calculators to help you estimate your refund or balance due.

Need Live Support? 1-800-HRBLOCK (1-800-472-5625) or Find An Office