Get Answers


I have a question about the child tax credit related to child tax credit earned income. How much do I have to earn to claim the additional child tax credit?

To be eligible to claim the additional child tax credit, which is a refundable credit that offsets the tax you owe dollar for dollar, you must have made at least $3,000 in earned income for the tax year in which you want to claim the deduction.

Ready to file?

You've got your forms. And we've got your back. There's only one thing left to do. Let's do this.


So how much will you get (or owe) this year? That’s the million-dollar question. We happen to have three very useful calculators to help you estimate your refund or balance due.

Need Live Support? 1-800-HRBLOCK (1-800-472-5625) or Find An Office