What's the education credit income limit?
The education credit income limit for The American Opportunity Credit and the Lifetime Learning Credit phase out based on your modified adjusted gross income (AGI). The credits phase out over these AGI ranges:
- For the American Opportunity Credit the education credit income limit is as follows:
- Single, head of household, or qualifying widow(er) -- $80,000-$90,000
- Married filing jointly -- $160,000-$180,000
- The Lifetime Learning Credit phaseout for your modified AGI:
- Single, head of household, or qualifying widow(er) -- $55,000-$65,000
- Married filing jointly -- $111,000-$131,000
Ready to file?
You've got your forms. And we've got your back. There's only one thing left to do. Let's do this.
So how much will you get (or owe) this year? That’s the million-dollar question. We happen to have three very useful calculators to help you estimate your refund or balance due.