Get Answers


If I'm a single graduate student with no dependents who's filing single, which graduate student tax credit should I claim?

The graduate student tax credit you are eligible to claim is the Lifetime Learning Credit. The American Opportunity Credit is only available for the first four years of college, meaning freshman through senior years of undergraduate education.

Ready to file?

You've got your forms. And we've got your back. There's only one thing left to do. Let's do this.


So how much will you get (or owe) this year? That’s the million-dollar question. We happen to have three very useful calculators to help you estimate your refund or balance due.

Need Live Support? 1-800-HRBLOCK (1-800-472-5625) or Find An Office