Get Answers

Return to filing

IRS Contact Information

At you can find:

  • Forms, worksheets, and publications needed to complete your return
  • Advice and FAQs
  • Information on new and changing tax laws
  • Links and information for your state taxes
  • Online tools and calculators
  • Your refund status

To contact the IRS, call:

  • Customer service -- 800-829-1040
  • Lost IRS check -- 800-829-1954
  • Refund status -- 800-829-4477
  • Forms and publications -- 800-829-3676
  • Questions about refunds and offsets to IRS liabilities -- 800-829-1954
  • Taxpayer advocate service -- 877-777-4778

To pay tax by credit card -- Call any of these numbers:

  • 888-972-9829
  • 888-PAY-1040 (888-729-1040)
  • 855-9-PAY-TAX (855-972-9829)
  • 888-872-9829
  • 866-964-2552

To learn more, see these tax tips:

  • Amended Return -- Form 1040X
  • Audit

Ready to file?

You've got your forms. And we've got your back. There's only one thing left to do. Let's do this.


So how much will you get (or owe) this year? That’s the million-dollar question. We happen to have three very useful calculators to help you estimate your refund or balance due.

Need Live Support? 1-800-HRBLOCK (1-800-472-5625) or Find An Office