Get Answers


I have a question about how to report foreign income. I work in a foreign country for a foreign company that doesn't issue a W-2. How do I go about reporting foreign income?

Regarding how to report foreign income, when a foreign employer doesn’t give you a W-2, you are still responsible for reporting foreign income wages on your Form 1040, Line 7. You should also keep records that verify the amounts you'll report on your return. When reporting foreign income, records can include paycheck stubs and bank statements.

Ready to file?

You've got your forms. And we've got your back. There's only one thing left to do. Let's do this.


So how much will you get (or owe) this year? That’s the million-dollar question. We happen to have three very useful calculators to help you estimate your refund or balance due.

Need Live Support? 1-800-HRBLOCK (1-800-472-5625) or Find An Office