Get Answers


I receive a foreign pension and don't have an employer identification number (EIN). How do I go about reporting foreign pension income without employee identification number?

When reporting foreign pension without employee identification number, you must include a substitute Form 1099-R by completing Form 4852. You’ll have to convert the foreign currency to U.S. dollars. You should include a statement or calculation explaining the conversion.

Also, since you won’t be able to e-file your return, you must mail in the paper copy of the substitute 1099-R.

Ready to file?

You've got your forms. And we've got your back. There's only one thing left to do. Let's do this.


So how much will you get (or owe) this year? That’s the million-dollar question. We happen to have three very useful calculators to help you estimate your refund or balance due.

Need Live Support? 1-800-HRBLOCK (1-800-472-5625) or Find An Office