Get Answers


I have a question about reporting Form 1099-R on Form 1040-A -- Where on a Form 1040-A do I report my Form 1099-R gross distributions and taxable amounts?

Regarding reporting Form 1099-R on Form 1040-A, do the following, from an IRA:

  • Gross distributions -- Line 11a
  • Taxable distributions -- Line 11b     

From a pension or annuity:

  • Gross distributions -- Line 12a
  • Taxable distributions -- Line 12b                                                                                                                  

Ready to file?

You've got your forms. And we've got your back. There's only one thing left to do. Let's do this.


So how much will you get (or owe) this year? That’s the million-dollar question. We happen to have three very useful calculators to help you estimate your refund or balance due.

Need Live Support? 1-800-HRBLOCK (1-800-472-5625) or Find An Office