Get Answers


I have a question about reporting tips. Do I have report and pay taxes on tips that I earn?

Yes. You must pay taxes on tips. When reporting tips on your return, you must include tips paid by:

  • Cash
  • Check
  • Debit card
  • Other cash equivalents (Ex: gift certificates, slot tickets, or casino tokens)

When reporting tips, you need not report the tips to your employer if they're under $20 in a calendar month, but you still need to declare them on your return so you can pay any applicable taxes on tips.

Ready to file?

You've got your forms. And we've got your back. There's only one thing left to do. Let's do this.


So how much will you get (or owe) this year? That’s the million-dollar question. We happen to have three very useful calculators to help you estimate your refund or balance due.

Need Live Support? 1-800-HRBLOCK (1-800-472-5625) or Find An Office