Visit an office and file for free. It's that EZ.
For a limited time, 1040EZ filers can visit an H&R Block office, meet with a Tax Pro, and pay nothing to file their federal returnDisclaimer number 1. Scrolls to disclaimer.. You read that correctly. You could pay zero. Nada. Zilch. Make an appointment today.
The H&R Block Experience
Convenient locations, hours, and services. At Block, it's all about you.
We know everything there is to know about taxes, so you don't have to.
Tax protection services that feel like a big, soft, fuzzy, security blanket.
Frequently Asked Questions
- When does this promotion run?
- The promotion begins January 3 and runs through February 28.
- I brought in my Send-A-Friend coupon too, but they said I couldn't use it if I already used Free EZ.
- Unfortunately, multiple offers cannot be combined. While it sounds like you were eligible for multiple discounts our tax professional will apply the discount that provides the largest benefit to you – in this case, Free EZ.
- Who can actually file a 1040EZ?
- The IRS sets the requirements for which base form you complete and eligibility depends upon the individual tax situation. You may use Form 1040EZ if you meet all the following conditions:
- Your filing status is single or married filing jointly
- You claim no dependents
- You do not claim any adjustments to income
- You do not claim any credits other than the earned income credit
- You, and your spouse if filing a joint return, were under age 65 on January 1, 2016, and not blind at the end of 2015
- Your taxable income is less than $100,000
- You had only wages, salaries, tips, taxable scholarship and fellowship grants, unemployment compensation, or Alaska Permanent Fund dividends, and your taxable interest was not over $1,500
- Your earned tips, if any, are included in boxes 5 and 7 of your Form W-2
- You do not owe any household employment taxes on wages you paid to a household employee
- You are not a debtor in a Chapter 11 bankruptcy case filed after October 16, 2005
- Advance payments of the premium tax credit were not made for you, your spouse, or any individual you enrolled in coverage for whom no one else is claiming the personal exemption
- If you file Form 1040EZ, you cannot itemize deductions or claim any adjustments to income or tax credits (other than the earned income credit).
- Am I going to be charged for anything as part of the Free EZ offer?
- The Free EZ offer is related to the federal Form 1040EZ only. If you file any of the following items they will continue to bill at their normal rates:
- Earned Income Credit Form
- State & Local Tax Forms
- Affordable Care Act Form
- And if you select any other products or services
You’re going to be happy. We guarantee it.
Maximum Refund Guarantee
If you discover an H&R Block error on your return that entitles you to a larger refund (or smaller tax liability), we'll refund the tax prep fee for that return and file an amended return at no additional charge. Refund claims must be made during 2017.
The H&R Block Guarantee
If H&R Block makes an error on your return, we’ll pay resulting penalties and interest.
We’re so certain you’ll be satisfied with the tax preparation services at our offices, you only pay us if you accept your returnDisclaimer number 2. Scrolls to disclaimer..