FREE 1040EZ TAX FILING
Visit a participating H&R Block office, meet with a Tax Pro and file a federal 1040EZ return for free for a limited time beginning January 5th.
Make A Tax Appointment
We’ll prepare your 1040EZ Federal tax return for FREE.
Just come into a participating office. It’s that simple.
Geolocation is not supported by your browser.
We couldn't find the offices based on the search criteria you entered. Please revise your search.
The H&R Block Experience
With H&R Block free 1040EZ filing, you get the expertise of our Tax Pros combined with the convenient service our tax offices offer. It’s that simple. Make an appointment to visit an office today.
Convenient locations, hours, and services. At Block, it's all about you.
We know everything there is to know about taxes, so you don't have to.
You can expect the best levels of service because we’re not happy until you are.
Valid for 2017 personal income tax return only. Return must be filed January 5 - February 28, 2018 at participating offices to qualify. Type of federal return filed is based on your personal tax situation and IRS rules. Form 1040EZ is generally used by single/married taxpayers with taxable income under $100,000, no dependents, no itemized deductions, and certain types of income (including wages, salaries, tips, some scholarships/grants, and unemployment compensation). Additional fees apply for Earned Income Credit and certain other additional forms, for state and local returns, and if you select other products and services. OBTP#B13696 ©2017 HRB Tax Group, Inc.
Frequently Asked Questions
- When does this promotion run?
- The promotion begins January 5th and runs through February 28th.
- I brought in my Send-A-Friend coupon too, but they said I couldn't use it if I already used Free EZ.
- Unfortunately, multiple offers cannot be combined. While it sounds like you were eligible for multiple discounts our tax professional will apply the discount that provides the largest benefit to you – in this case, Free EZ.
- Who can actually file a 1040EZ?
- The IRS sets the requirements for which base forms clients file eligibility depends upon the individual tax situation. You may use Form 1040EZ if you meet all the following conditions:
- Your filing status is single or married filing jointly
- You claim no dependents
- You do not claim any adjustments to income
- You do not claim any credits other than the earned income credit
- You, and your spouse if filing a joint return, were under age 65 and not blind at the end of 2016
- Your taxable income is less than $100,000
- You had only wages, salaries, tips, taxable scholarship and fellowship grants, unemployment compensation, or Alaska Permanent Fund dividends, and your taxable interest was not over $1,500
- Your earned tips, if any, are included in boxes 5 and 7 of your Form W-2
- You do not owe any household employment taxes on wages you paid to a household employee
- You are not a debtor in a Chapter 11 bankruptcy case filed after October 16, 2005
- Advance payments of the premium tax credit were not made for you, your spouse, or any individual you enrolled in coverage for whom no one else is claiming the personal exemption
- If you file Form 1040EZ, you cannot itemize deductions or claim any adjustments to income or tax credits (other than the earned income credit).
- Am I going to be charged for anything as part of the Free EZ offer?
- The Free EZ offer is related to the federal Form 1040EZ only. If you file any of the following items they will continue to bill at their normal rates:
- Earned Income Credit (EIC)
- State & Local Tax Returns
- Affordable Care Act Health Care Exemptions
"They scheduled me within 24hr notice. In and out within 20 minutes. Free 1040 EZ and very friendly."
"Filing my EZ was fast and free. My mind is set to come back next year."
"I walked in without an appointment and proceeded to have my 1040EZ prepared & filed for free. Pretty tough to beat that kind of service."
"I had a pretty simple filing this year. I got to take advantage of the Free EZ tax filing H & R Block offers for federal returns. I was in and out in 1 hour, feels great to have that checked off my to do list."
"Will definately be filing my taxes with H&R next year. I am very pleased with my results and how timely I recieved them. They were able to work with me on such short notice. My 1040 EZ was free! Spectacular service overall. "
"They offered a Free EZ form this year. The fastest service, I set my appointment online from my smart phone. I really couldn't have had it any easier or quicker! Don't use the other services....try H&R Block this year. You won't be sorry!!"
"Had a super easy time and got my Free 1040EZ no hidden fees or anything"
You’re going to be happy. We guarantee it.
100% Accuracy Guarantee
If H&R Block makes an error on your return, we’ll pay resulting penalties and interest.
Maximum Refund Guarantee
If you discover an H&R Block error on your return that entitles you to a larger refund (or smaller tax liability), we'll refund the tax prep fee for that return and file an amended return at no additional charge. Refund claims must be made during the calendar year in which the return was prepared.
We’re so certain you’ll be satisfied with the tax preparation services at our offices, you only pay us if you accept your return.Disclaimer number 1. Scrolls to disclaimer.