Free Tax Online

Try H&R Block Free

"I'm a first-time tax filer, and I came to H&R Block simply for advice on how to get through those (scary!) forms. Instead of advice, I found the easiest, most user-friendly, and effective tax filing I could have hoped for. I will be using this service next year, and recommending to my friends!"

– Michaela87

Free Tax Online

You want to complete your taxes for free. The problem, however, is that this is only easy to do when you have the experience and knowledge to do it yourself. For free tax online filing, you do have the option of completing your taxes on your own and then sending them to the IRS. Free, e-file services are often available, but this only provides you with an avenue to submit your completed documents. For most people who need to complete online taxes, free filing is not enough.

You may be able to do taxes free online, but only if you have the knowledge of how to complete these forms yourself. It is often best to use a third party service provider, such as H&R Block, to complete your taxes for you. This ensures you will be submitting an accurate return that contains all of the necessary data, deductions, and credits you qualify to use. This could save you money and time, too.

You can then get free online tax submission services, if you qualify for free tax filing. That means you will be able to submit your taxes to the IRS without charge. You may have to pay for any tax preparation help you need, though. Filing taxes online for free is worthwhile because it does get your return to the IRS faster, which means you'll get a refund sooner, too. However, you will want to invest in a quality service to help you to complete your return first.

Free online income tax filing is something to look forward to using. It can make filing your taxes easier to do. Work with H&R Block to ensure your taxes are filed properly each year and that you can submit your required documentation online and electronically. That will give you the best opportunity to get the largest refund possible.


Best for simple tax situations

Learn More


Best for homeowners or investors

Learn More


Best for the self-employed or rental property owners

Learn More

Need Live Support? 1-800-HRBLOCK (1-800-472-5625) or Find An Office