Accuracy of Calculations. If the Software/Program makes an arithmetic error that results in your payment of a penalty and/or interest to the IRS that you would otherwise not have been required to pay, H&R Block will reimburse you, after you pay the IRS, for the amount of the penalty and interest paid by you up to a maximum of ten thousand dollars ($10,000), but only if you meet all of the following conditions:
- the penalty and interest is for a 2013 tax year return;
- the penalty and/or interest is assessed against you by the IRS and relates solely to an arithmetic error made by the Software/Program, and not an incorrect entry of data, data incorrectly imported into the Software/Program from a financial institution or other software (including through Smart ImportSM), a claim for an improper or undocumented deduction, a failure to report income, a failure to follow instructions in the Software/Program, an incorrect interpretation of the law by you, a failure to submit a required form or line item, or any other reason;
- you were not notified of errors in the Software/Program in time for you to file an amended return and avoid or reduce the penalty or interest;
- you notified H&R Block at HRB Digital LLC, Calculations Guarantee Claims, P.O. Box 10435, Kansas City, MO 64171-0435 as soon as you learned of the mistake (and in no event later than thirty (30) days after the penalty or interest is assessed);
- your tax return was prepared using the 2013 tax year version of the Software/Program in accordance with this Agreement and the operating instructions;
- the penalty and interest was for a return filed on or before the last day the IRS accepts originally filed returns without an extension (traditionally April 15, 2014), or if the filing date is properly extended, before the relevant extended filing deadline (except that for late filed returns H&R Block will not pay interest from the date the return was originally due to the date you actually file your return); and
- you sent H&R Block complete documentation of the penalty and/or interest including all correspondence to and from the IRS, a copy of your tax return as filed with the IRS (in paper and electronic media in a format readable by H&R Block At Home software), proof that you paid the penalty and/or interest and other information H&R Block reasonably requests.
For purposes of item (3), above, posting of information online at http://www.hrblock.com constitutes notice by H&R Block of such errors. If you purchased a license for a state H&R Block online/software program from H&R Block or its authorized reseller, references in this paragraph to the IRS shall also include the state revenue authority for the state of the H&R Block online/software program you purchased. In no event will H&R Block reimburse you for more than an aggregate of ten thousand dollars ($10,000) in interest and penalties owed to the IRS and any state revenue authority based upon all tax returns you filed for the 2013 tax year, regardless of whether the tax returns are federal or state returns. THIS SECTION STATES BLOCK'S ENTIRE OBLIGATION AND LIABILITY, AND YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY, FOR ANY ERRORS IN YOUR RETURN CAUSED BY THE SOFTWARE.
The monetary remedies available under this Section shall not be available if you request a refund for the Software or use of the Program. The rights and benefits afforded by this Section are personal to the original licensee purchasing the License to the Software/Program from H&R Block or from its authorized reseller; they may not be assigned or otherwise transferred to any other party and do not apply to any family members of the original licensee.