Finding answers to your tax questions is now less taxing.

Get Answers To Your Tax Questions

H&R Block Tax Professionals relentlessly focus on making sure you profit from every deduction and credit available.

If I've already filed my return for this year, can I amend my return to add dependents? Can I also add a dependent on a prior year?

Yes. You can file an amended return this year and any of the past three years. Do this to add or change the number of your qualifying dependents.  

You must print and mail all amended returns. You can’t e-file Form 1040X.

Look At Your Life Through Taxes

No matter which life stage you're in, H&R Block has the tools and resources to help you understand how taxes impact your life. It's our Purpose. We look at your life through tax... and find ways to help.

Tax Calculators

Estimate your withholdings, calculate your refund, or find out how health care laws may impact you.

Browse Tax Articles

Looking for articles written by the pros at H&R Block? Search our article database to find answers to all of your tax related questions.