What Are H&R Block’s Prices?
Filing your taxes can be intimidating, so it makes sense to seek expertise to complete your return or rely on trusted software or online options. But you may be asking, “what’s the cost of tax preparation?”
While this is a common question and one we’ve heard asked about H&R Block’s prices, we believe you should receive a clear and simple answer. That’s why we’re shaking up the tax industry and becoming the only major national brand to offer upfront, transparent pricing. Unlike other major tax companies, we think you can know the price before you start – whether you file in person or online.
H&R Block Rates for Assisted Tax Prep
When it comes to help with a Tax Pro in an office, you’ll find there can be a range of costs. What goes into determining the prices at H&R Block? With our simplified, upfront pricing approach, you can know the price in three steps. First, you determine your base price from five categories based on your life and filing situation. Next, you determine if you need any state returns. Finally, you review a list of additional items, such as tax credits, investment income, or extra services that determine your final price.
Take a look at the examples below to help you understand the range of tax preparation complexity. Note, the starting H&R Block cost at most of our tax offices is $59 with an additional fee for state returns.
H&R Block Costs for Do-It-Yourself
If you’re electing a do-it-yourself option, you can find H&R Block prices to file taxes online or use our tax software based on the situations that apply to you. Certain taxpayers may even be able to take advantage of free online tax filing.
H&R Block Fees and Value
As you’re evaluating the fees associated with tax preparation, you should also consider the value you receive. Not all tax preparers are the same. Discover the benefits of working with H&R Block and why choosing us means getting your taxes won.
- Filing Options for Every Taxpayer – Want to file online or in an office? At Block, we’ve got you covered. You can file on your own online or with installable desktop software. Want a little help? Have an expert check your work with Tax Pro Review. Or, if you want to leave it all to a tax expert without coming into an office, you can choose Tax Pro Go.
- Intuitive DIY Options – H&R Block offers user-friendly do-it-yourself products built by the industry’s leading tax experts and innovators. Our intuitive features will guide you along the way, helping you file quickly and easily. Have questions? You can get unlimited help from a Tax Pro via chat and screen share.
- Tax Preparer Knowledge – H&R Block Tax Pros have on average more than 10 years of experience and more than 100 hours of training. They are dedicated to putting their experience to work to find the best outcome for you.
- In-Office Experience – Step into one of Block’s offices and you’ll work with our knowledgeable, friendly tax experts. We’re so certain you’ll be satisfied, you only pay us if you accept your return.Disclaimer number85. Scroll to bottom of page.
- Maximum Refund Guarantee – When it comes to your taxes, you want more than just accuracy. At H&R Block, your Tax Pro won’t rest until you get your maximum refund — guaranteed.Disclaimer number84. Scroll to bottom of page.
Take Advantage of the Benefits of Block
H&R Block knows what your tax refund means to you. When you file with us, you have a trusted partner dedicated to getting you your maximum refund. Why leave your taxes to anyone else?
Find out more about H&R Block’s upfront, transparent pricing approach.
Learn how to apply for or renew your Individual Taxpayer Identificaiton Number (ITIN) through a Certified Acceptance Agent with this article from H&R Block.
Expats are subject to the latest tax bill changes much like any other taxpayer. Learn more about the effects of tax reform on Expats with H&R Block.
When can you take a meal allowance as part of business travel deductions? Learn more from the tax experts at H&R Block.
How much interest and property tax can you deduct and how many years back can you claim them? Learn more from the tax experts at H&R Block.