Prepare Taxes Any Way, Anywhere with HRBlock.com
Redesigned website makes it easier than ever to plan, prepare and file taxes
Some people want face-to-face help with tax preparation. Others like to DIY. H&R Block (NYSE: HRB) makes it easy to prepare taxes any way, with recent updates to its website, HRBlock.com. H&R Block’s redesigned website makes it easier than ever to work with Block.
The site’s sleek, streamlined design sports clear, focused content so visitors can:
- Easily locate any one of H&R Block’s 10,000 tax offices nationwide and make an appointment to work with a tax pro.
- Securely file their federal and state taxes online from any device (desktop, tablet or mobile phone) and, in many cases, for free.
- Download H&R Block’s tax software program and get five free federal e-files and free audit support.
“Our website, HRBlock.com, is always open, and it truly offers something for everyone,” said Amy Hu, vice president of interactive marketing and online experience for H&R Block. “You can visit us to book your tax office appointments, use our tax calculator to estimate your refund, get tax tips, manage your account, or buy software or online products. Our website lets you engage with us however you want – in an office or online.”
Short videos highlighting the H&R Block experience whether filing with Block online or in person help visitors get the most from their tax preparation and planning. Whatever tax preparation method a taxpayer selects, H&R Block also guarantees accuracy, maximum refund and satisfaction.
Plenty of options
The site provides desktop, laptop or mobile device access to all H&R Block’s 2017 tax products and services, such as:
- Tax preparation options including free 1040EZ filing in offices and free 1040EZ and 1040A and 1040 with Schedule A online filing;
- Refund and payment options, including loading a tax refund on anEmerald Prepaid MasterCard, getting a direct deposit, receiving a check from the IRS or purchasing a Refund Transfer, which allows taxpayers to pay nothing out of pocket for their tax preparation fees, which are deducted from their refund; and
- Financial services options, including the award-winning Emerald Prepaid MasterCard and an H&R Block Emerald Advance Line of Credit.
Tools to use
Tax preparation isn’t all taxpayers can manage at HRBlock.com. They can also check their refund status and learn why a new law may delay their refund until as late as the week of February 27.
They can also access tax information and tools, including a tax refund calculator, a W-4 calculator, an Affordable Care Act calculator and dozens of articles that explain credits, adjustments and deductions, refunds and payments, health care, taxes and penalties, audits and more.
Or they can use the private, secure MyBlock account year-round, where taxpayers can make tax office appointments, access their tax information and prior year tax returns, and more.
“Anyone can set up a secure MyBlock account through HRBlock.com,” said Hu. “It’s a great way to store tax receipts and other tax documents year-round, so when you’re ready to do taxes, everything’s at your fingertips.”
Recent enhancements to MyBlock include the ability to store and share tax documents with an H&R Block tax preparer; upload multiple tax documents with a single click using a new service called MyDocuments; and access older federal and state tax returns and H&R Block products and services history.
Expert advice and pro tips for every visitor
Since H&R Block started in 1955, the global consumer tax services company has written more than 700 million tax returns. Today, it prepares one in seven tax returns in the United States. Having done more tax returns than anyone else, H&R Block also knows more about taxes and shares that knowledge wherever and however visitors like to get their information, like:
- Block Talk, H&R Block’s official blog, where visitors can find useful, actionable financial content that can help improve their lives;
- the H&R Block Community, where users can search questions and answers, join discussion boards and share and learn how events in their daily lives impact their taxes;
- The Tax Institute, where visitors can read some of the expert research and analysis that fuels H&R Block’s offices and software; and
- The H&R Block Newsroom, the primary and insider source of company and tax news, features, images and videos.
For more information, visit www.hrblock.com or call 1-800-HRBLOCK.
About H&R Block
H&R Block, Inc. (NYSE: HRB) is a global consumer tax services provider. Tax return preparation services are provided by professional tax preparers in approximately 12,000 company-owned and franchise retail tax offices worldwide, and through H&R Block tax software products for the DIY consumer. H&R Block also offers adjacent Tax Plus products and services. In fiscal 2016, H&R Block had annual revenues of over $3 billion with 23.2 million tax returns prepared worldwide. For more information, visit the H&R Block Newsroom at http://newsroom.hrblock.com/.
Learn about Wave Financial, a rapidly-growing financial solutions platform focused on changing the way small business owners manage their finances.
Learn how H&R Block helped fundraise for St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital. H&R Block’s team participated in the St. Jude 5k to raise more than $55,000 for childhood cancer.
Look back on the last year of the top tax stories from H&R Block.
Learn how the H&R Block nonprofit referral program generated donations for more than 2,300 nonprofits this year that totaled more than $1 million.