A New Venue for Tax Analysis and Insights from The Tax Institute
The Tax Institute (TTI), which serves as the nonpartisan center of tax expertise for H&R Block (NYSE: HRB), the world’s largest consumer tax preparation company, launched a new website to provide tax information and analysis to tax professionals, journalists and the entire tax industry. Launched almost a decade ago, TTI regularly interacts with H&R Block’s national network of tax professionals and clients, giving it a broad perspective on emerging issues and common problems that affect taxpayers every day. The new website will feature their tax insights and analysis of these trends and issues.
With its visibility into tax trends, TheTaxInstitute.com will feature commentary on a range of tax topics, such as:
- the effects of new court case decisions and legislation,
- emerging issues and gray areas in tax law and administration,
- tax law issues that can get complicated and
- analysis of the presidential candidates’ tax plans.
“TTI has been a hidden treasure within the industry. This group is a special resource to our clients, tax professionals, journalists and the tax industry. Now, we have a refreshed external presence to better explain who we are and add more value through thought leadership,” said Kathy Pickering, executive director of TTI and vice president of regulatory affairs.
The one-of-a-kind nonpartisan center of tax expertise
TTI is a group of tax attorneys, CPAs, enrolled agents, former IRS agents, MBAs and other experts who directly support every aspect of H&R Block. This group:
- Performs tax law research for H&R Block clients and tax professionals
- Integrates constantly changing federal and state tax laws across H&R Block’s tax software and field operations
- Stays on the front lines of tax by preparing complex, multistate and investment-heavy returns
- Improves tax administration for everyone through industry-government working groups that find solutions to tax administration challenges – from refund fraud to the Affordable Care Act (ACA) implementation
TTI experts have more than 350 combined years of experience in tax and tax-related fields. They specialize in all areas of tax, including ACA, real estate, investments, multistate returns, business, retirement, international, state and local tax and more.
TTI is also a thought leader in the tax industry. TTI experts publish authoritative tax articles that explore complex tax topics in tax industry journals and news outlets, such as Accounting Today, The Tax Adviser and The EA Journal
About H&R Block
H&R Block, Inc. (NYSE: HRB) is the world’s largest consumer tax services provider. More than 680 million tax returns have been prepared worldwide by and through H&R Block since 1955. In fiscal 2015, H&R Block had annual revenues of nearly $3.1 billion with 24.2 million tax returns prepared worldwide. Tax return preparation services are provided by professional tax preparers in approximately 12,000 company-owned and franchise retail tax offices worldwide, and through H&R Block tax software products. H&R Block also offers adjacent Tax Plus products and services. For more information, visit the H&R Block Newsroom at newsroom.hrblock.com/.
New H&R Block Study Shows Pandemic Has Increased Americans’ Willingness to Seek Help and Support
H&R Block’s continued focus on associate well-being lands company on Forbes 2022 list of ‘America’s Best Large Employers’