H&R Block Deluxe Online receives coveted PCMag Editors’ Choice award
Excellent user experience, top help tools – plus prices lower than TurboTax – among reasons for commendation
For the second time in three years, H&R Block (NYSE: HRB) is PCMag.com’s top choice for online tax preparation. PCMag.com said, “H&R Block Deluxe offers the most capable blend of tax topic coverage, usability, and taxpayer guidance, all of which earn it our Editors’ Choice for online tax preparation services.”
“The H&R Block digital team strives every year to provide the best products we can to clients, and to receive this validation of the quality of the product means we are reaching our goals,” said Heather Watts, senior vice president and general manager of digital at H&R Block. “The work we put into improving and expanding our help options, and creating an even better user experience, make our clients the real winners – plus, H&R Block Online paid DIY base editions are priced lower than TurboTax’s peer products.”
These are among the features and products mentioned in the PCMag review:
- Ways to import a W-2 – “You can upload a PDF, take a picture of it with your smartphone after H&R Block texts you a link to a secure site, or fill in the fields manually.”
- Mobile Tax Prep App – “As we found last year, the apps, which look and work similarly, do a beautiful job of replicating the desktop experience. They’re as good as any of the other services’ apps, and better than most.”
- Help (DIY Online Help Center) – “The pane can be toggled on and off, and it doesn’t obscure the working area of the screen as it did before. It’s always stage right, and it’s always displaying content-sensitive FAQs for the current page, like TaxAct does, only better. This is a major improvement, and I am glad to see it.”
- Ask a Tax Pro – “If you have actual tax-related questions (Can I write this off? Do I qualify for this?), you can connect with a tax professional via chat ($39.99 for unlimited chats; screen-sharing available).”
- Accuracy Review – “…which combs your return for anything that may be inaccurate or missing. If it finds something, it explains the problem to you and provides a Fix Issue button, which takes you to the offending screen for corrections and then back to the list of issues.”
- Tax Pro Review – “The company also offers a hybrid of DIY and professional prep, called Tax Pro Review.” (Tax Pro Review is available as an add-on and a standalone product.)
“As mentioned in the PCMag review, H&R Block offers more options for personal tax preparation than our competitors. This makes us uniquely qualified to help taxpayers file accurate returns that get them their maximum refund,” Watts said.
In-person and online, H&R Block has its clients’ backs. For more information about H&R Block, visit hrblock.com.
Reprinted with permission. ©2019 Ziff Davis, LLC. All rights reserved.
About H&R Block
H&R Block, Inc. (NYSE: HRB) is a global consumer tax services provider. Tax return preparation services are provided by professional tax preparers in approximately 12,000 company-owned and franchise retail tax offices worldwide, and through H&R Block tax software products for the DIY consumer. H&R Block also offers adjacent Tax Plus products and services. In fiscal 2018, H&R Block had annual revenues of over $3.1 billion with over 23 million tax returns prepared worldwide. For more information, visit the H&R Block Newsroom.
File your taxes with H&R Block DIY online products, available now at hrblock.com.
H&R Block can save DIY taxpayers, especially TurboTax users, money during tax prep.