Prepare tax returns now with enhanced H&R Block At Home®
Despite the IRS announcement that the tax season kickoff will be delayed, H&R Block At Home® is up to date with the current tax laws and available now for taxpayers to begin preparing their income tax returns. In its 16th tax season of providing do-it-yourself tax preparation solutions, H&R Block (NYSE: HRB) has unveiled an improved suite of H&R Block At Home® products and a $100,000 Facebook contest.
Free filing, free advice and free year-round access to the nation’s foremost tax authority highlight the enhancements for this tax season. The technology lineup includes solutions online, in a box, on a smartphone and on a tablet to benefit all taxpayers.
“This year’s product lineup offers a range of tools that enable clients to choose the experience best suited to their needs and desired level of guidance and support,” said Jason Houseworth, president of U.S. Tax Services at H&R Block. “There is no reason taxpayers should delay preparing their tax return. Once completed and filed, we will hold and submit it so it would be among the first processed. This ensures taxpayers would receive their refund as fast as possible.”
Making dreams come true
Through Feb. 5, H&R Block At Home will be giving away a $20,000 grand prize per week to make someone’s tax dream come true by visiting the Dreamfund app on Facebook. In addition, taxpayers can win one of $100 instant prizes each day throughout the contest.
Taxpayers who enter their Dreamfund wish and share it with friends have a chance to win the grand prize. Contestants can enter once per week, or more if they share with friends who also enter the contest. Detailed rules can be found on the Dreamfund page.
H&R Block by your side year-round via My H&R Block Account
This tax season, H&R Block introduced My H&R Block Account. This comprehensive portal provides easy and secure access to all H&R Block tax services across its offices, online and mobile applications. My H&R Block Account creates a more personalized, year-round experience for all clients, regardless of their preferred tax preparation method.
“My H&R Block Account brings a seamless technology-enabled experience to all clients and provides the flexibility to move back and forth between an H&R Block tax professional and do-it-yourself tax preparation because the core account remains the same,” Houseworth said. “Only H&R Block can provide this type of service across tax preparation channels.”
Clients can upload documents to store for their use or share with a tax professional, view up to three years of prior year tax returns and get up-to-date access to their refund status. The client’s information can be stored year-round for tax preparation, checkups and tax planning. My H&R Block Account is available via online, mobile and on the tablet so clients can interact with their account anytime and in any way they choose.
File a return on-the-go via smartphone or iPad
For tax filers on-the-go, H&R Block has expanded its suite of tax-filing apps for smartphones and iPad:
- H&R Block 1040EZ app is now available in Spanish and helps consumers file a simple federal 1040EZ from their smartphone for free through Feb. 15.
- H&R Block At Home app for iPad now offers the full suite of H&R Block At Home Online products for the simplest and most complex returns. The app offers simple navigation and the ability to toggle between devices, so clients can start a return via iPad and complete it on a PC.
- Block Live app for iPad lets consumers get assistance from a tax professional from anywhere, anytime via video chat. Block Live is like bringing an H&R Block tax office anywhere taxpayers would like to file a return.
- H&R Block app is a convenient way to check the status of a refund, find a nearby office, set an appointment or read tax tips. It’s like having a tax professional at the ready.
“There are a variety of self-service and tax preparation apps to serve clients how they want to be served,” Houseworth said. “At H&R Block, our clients can have a mobile experience that gives them the best service and expertise in the industry.”
H&R Block At Home Now offers real-time chat
H&R Block At Home Online and software solutions also have been upgraded to provide a more convenient and straight-forward tax preparation experience for do-it-yourself filers. New features include:
- Real-time tax advice: For more than 10 years, H&R Block has offered tax advice from H&R Block tax professionals in its digital products. This year, H&R Block has expanded that offering to include real-time chat with a registered tax professional.
- DeductionPro: This popular tool for calculating the value of certain charitable deductions is now integrated into H&R Block At Home Deluxe and Premium solutions.
- Customized interview: For returning clients with a simple tax situation, H&R Block helps save time with a streamlined interview based on the information from the previous year return. Based on their answers, clients only see what is relevant to them, saving time and improving accuracy.
All H&R Block products (software, online and apps) and services are backed by the unmatched expertise of The Tax Institute at H&R Block plus guarantee the maximum refund1 and full audit representation.
Only H&R Block tax preparation products offer free audit support and free audit representation from an H&R Block enrolled agent. H&R Block also guarantees 100 percent accuracy or the return is free2. Visit www.hrblock.com to begin a return for free online or visit Amazon.com, Best Buy, Office Depot, OfficeMax, Staples or Wal-Mart to purchase H&R Block At Home software.
1 If you find another online tax prep method that results in a larger refund (or smaller liability), we will refund the fees you paid us to use our program to prepare that return. Larger refund or smaller liability must not be due to differences in data supplied by you or positions contrary to law.
2 We guarantee accurate calculations or we’ll reimburse resulting IRS penalties and interest charges (limits apply).
U.S. citizens and permanent residents living abroad can take control of their taxes with a new online expat tax filing service. Learn more.