- Click here to download the update. Most browsers will prompt you to save the file (tc02updc.exe) to disk. Choose a place to save the file, and remember its location. We recommend that you do not save it in the TaxCut02 folder.
- Close TaxCut, if it is open.
- Open Explorer. Locate the file (tc02updc.exe) and double-click it.
- To complete the installation, follow the instructions displayed by the update program.
- Standard CD
- Standard download
- Deluxe download
- Delete the entire TaxCut mm directory. If you accepted the default installation settings, the mm directory can be found at: C:/TaxCut02/help/mm
- Download and install the new TaxCut update (version 7404).
- Internet Explorer 5.x is Required to Run TaxCut on PCs Running Windows 95
- Updating Windows XP to Run TaxCut Help
- Windows XP and Professional Review Wizard: Question Text Won't Wrap
- Problems Downloading the Update with Automatic Proxy Settings
- E-filing Over a Proxy Server
- Importing Microsoft Money 2001, 2002 or 2003 File: Money Must be Opened First
- Playing TaxCut Videos (Deluxe and Platinum versions only)
TaxCut 2002 Windows Update Instructions
To update TaxCut, start the TaxCut program and then choose Update TaxCut from the Tools menu.
If you have problems updating TaxCut from within the program as described above follow the instructions below to download and install the update from this Web site.
Please Read If...
You downloaded the previous TaxCut update (version 6602) from this site AND originally installed TaxCut from the:
If you're not sure what version of TaxCut you're running, select About TaxCut from the Help menu. The version number will be listed at the top of the box.
If you meet these conditions, an incorrect version of Help was installed. This will result in the inability to display State Instructions. If you installed the previous update from within TaxCut you are not affected by this problem.
You can correct this problem by following these steps:
Workarounds and Other Notices