TaxCut 2006 Macintosh State Updates
- Open TaxCut.
- Go to the Tools menu, and select Update TaxCut.
- The program will step you through the rest of the process.
- Select your state from the dropdown list, then click the Download Update button.
- If asked if you are sure you want to continue downloading the file because it contains an application, click Continue.
- After the update file (named TaxCut_2006_California_Updater or something similar depending on the update) is done downloading it will appear on your desktop.
- Close TaxCut, if it is open.
- Double-click the update file (named TaxCut_2006_California_Updater or something similar depending on the update) on your desktop.
- Double-click the TaxCut_2006_California_Updater file in Finder.
- To complete the installation, follow the instructions displayed by the update program.
The State update includes changes we've made to TaxCut including updates to draft versions of forms that were not finalized by the IRS at the time we originally shipped TaxCut.
Update within TaxCut (recommended)
To update from within TaxCut:
Download and Install Update Yourself
If you are unable to update within TaxCut, you can download the update from our website by completing the following steps: