Download and Install Updates Yourself
- Select Basic, Standard or Premium from the drop-down list based on the version you currently have installed. Then click the "Download Update" button.
There are 3 updates for the Macintosh version of TaxCut - Basic, Standard or Premium.
Note: if you select the incorrect version, the software will not update.
Launch the TaxCut application to determine if you have the Basic, Standard or Premium version of TaxCut. From the TaxCut menu, select "About TaxCut." The version number will be in the "About TaxCut" window, just below the TaxCut icon.
The Basic version will contain the letter "B." The example below contains the letters "MGBD."
- Your Web browser may ask if you're sure you want to continue downloading the file. Click "Continue."
After the update file (named TaxCut_Basic_2007_UpdaterE.dmg or something similar, depending on the update) is done downloading, it will appear in your Web browser's default download location.
- If you are using Mac OS 10.3.X (Panther) or Mac OS 10.4.X (Tiger), your default download location will usually be your Desktop.
- If you are using Mac OS 10.5.X (Leopard) your default download location will usually be your Downloads Folder, which can be found on your Dock next to the Trash.
- Close TaxCut, if it's open.
- Double-click the disk image (named TaxCut_Basic_2007_UpdaterE.dmg or something similar, depending on the update). The disk image should mount itself on your Desktop and automatically open a Finder window containing the "TaxCut 2007 Updater" file.
- Double-click the "TaxCut 2007 Updater" file and follow the prompts to install the update.
- Once the update is complete, you can safely eject the mounted disk image by dragging and dropping it into the Trash.
Back to Update Center