Download and Install Updates Yourself
If you're unable to update within TaxCut, you can download the update from our Web site by completing the following steps:
- Select your state from the dropdown list; then click the "Download Update" button.
If you don't see your state in the drop-down menu, then an update hasn't been released yet. Please check back at a later date.
- When prompted to save the update file to disk, save it to your desktop. The file will be named TaxCut_2008_California_UpdaterB.dmg or something similar, depending on which version of TaxCut you are updating.
- Close TaxCut, if it is open.
- Double-click the update file (example TaxCut_2008_California_UpdaterB.dmg) on your desktop (or in another location you saved it to).
- To complete the installation, follow the instructions displayed by the update program.
Back to Update Center