To update H&R Block Software, just follow these easy steps:
The State update includes changes we've made to TaxCut including updates to draft versions of forms that were not finalized by the IRS at the time we originally shipped TaxCut.
If you're unable to update within TaxCut, you can download the update from our Web site by completing the following steps:
- Select your state from the dropdown list; then click the "Download Update" button.
If you don't see your state in the drop-down menu, then an update hasn't been released yet. Please check back at a later date.
- When prompted to save the update file to disk, save it to your desktop. The file will be named TaxCut_2008_California_UpdaterB.exe or something similar, depending on which version of TaxCut you are updating.
- Close TaxCut, if it is open.
- Double-click the update file (example TaxCut_2008_California_UpdaterB.exe) on your desktop (or in another location you saved it to).
- To complete the installation, follow the instructions displayed by the update program.