1998 State Macintosh Edition Updates
If you're having problems updating TaxCut from within the program, follow the instructions below to download and install the update from this location. If you haven't tried updating TaxCut by choosing Update TaxCut from the Tools menu, we recommend that you try this method first.
- Click one of the following links to download your state update:
- Save the file to the hard disk and remember its location. Do not save the file in the same folder that contains your Kiplinger TaxCut program files.
- Close TaxCut if it's open.
- If you are running anti-virus software, temporarily disable any virus protection extensions by holding down the Shift key while restarting your Macintosh.
- If the TaxCut XX '98 Update folder (where XX = state name) doesn't automatically appear after you download the update, double-click the hqx file and/or the sea (self-extracting archive) icon.
Note: If your Macintosh can't find the application program that opens the update file, you need to download Stuffit Expander from http://www.aladdinsys.com.
- Open the TaxCut XX '98 Update folder, and double-click the TaxCut XX '98 Update icon.
- Click the Update button.
Drag the "Old TaxCut XX '98" icon, located in the Kiplinger TaxCut '98 folder, to the trash.
- Open the folder titled "Move Contents into the TaxCut Sys," and drag the contents of this folder into the TaxCut Sys folder. The TaxCut Sys folder is located in the Kiplinger TaxCut '98 folder on your hard drive.