1998 Federal Macintosh and Macintosh Deluxe Edition Updates
Note: If you need both updates, you must first install Update A before installing Update F.
- Click the download link above. Save the file to the hard disk and remember its location. Do not save the file in the same folder that contains your Kiplinger TaxCut program files.
- Quit TaxCut if it's open.
- If you are running anti-virus software, temporarily disable any virus protection extensions by holding down the Shift key while restarting your Macintosh.
- If the Kiplinger TaxCut '97 Update folder doesn't automatically appear after you download the update, double-click the hqx file and/or the sea (self-extracting archive) icon.
- Open the Kiplinger TaxCut '97 Update folder, and double-click the Kiplinger TaxCut '97 Update icon.
- Click the Update button.
If you are installing Update A, you are finished. If you are installing Update F, complete steps 7 and 8.
- Drag the "Old Kiplinger TaxCut '97" icon, located in the Kiplinger TaxCut '97 folder, to the trash.
- Open the folder titled "Move Contents into the TaxCut Sys," and drag the contents of this folder into the TaxCut Sys folder. The TaxCut Sys folder is located in the Kiplinger TaxCut '97 folder on your hard drive.