Updates for the 1998 Tax Year 1998 Federal Windows and Windows Deluxe Edition Updates & Workarounds
To update your copy of TaxCut for the 1998 tax year, open TaxCut and choose Update TaxCut from the Tools menu. The program will do the rest.
If you're having problems updating TaxCut from within the program, follow the instructions below to download and install the update from this location. If you haven't tried updating TaxCut by choosing Update TaxCut from the Tools menu, we recommend that you try this method first.
- Click here to download the update. Most browsers will prompt you to save the file (tc98updd.exe) to disk. Choose a place to save the file and remember its location. We recommend that you do not save it in the TaxCut98 folder.
- Close TaxCut if it's open.
- Open Windows File Manager or Explorer, locate the file (tc98upda.exe) and double-click it.
- Click Next. The Select Destination Directory screen appears.
- If you installed TaxCut in C:\TAXCUT98, click Next. If you installed TaxCut on a different drive or in a different directory, click Browse and select the correct drive and directory. Click OK, and then click Next.
Note: You must install the update program files in the same directory that you installed the TaxCut 1998 program files.
- To complete the installation, follow the instructions displayed by the update program.