To update your copy of TaxCut for the 1999 tax year, open TaxCut and choose Update TaxCut from the Tools menu. The program does the rest.
If you're having problems updating TaxCut from within the program, follow the instructions below to download and install the update from this location.
- Click here to download the update. Most browsers will prompt you to save the file (tc99updf.exe) to disk. Choose a place to save the file and remember its location.We recommend that you do not save it in the TaxCut99 folder.
- Close TaxCut if it's open.
- Open Windows File Manager or Explorer, locate the file (tc99updf.exe) and double-click it.
- Click Next. The Select Destination Directory screen appears.
- If you installed TaxCut in C:\TAXCUT99, click Next. If you installed TaxCut on a different drive or in a different directory, click Browse and select the correct drive and directory. Click OK, and then click Next.
Note: You must install the update program files in the same directory that contains the TaxCut 1999 program files.
- To complete the installation, follow the instructions displayed by the update program.
Workarounds and Other Problems
The program update corrects problems with these features.
- Schedule D -- Schedule Doesn't Print
- Loading Last Year's Information from a 1998 TurboTax Return
- Last Year's Data Worksheet
- Schedule D -- Reporting Expired Options
- Schedule D -- Reporting Sale of Stock Acquired on Various Dates
- Statutory Employees -- Blank Schedule C Created
- Seller-Financed Mortgage Interest -- Schedule B or Schedule 1 not Printing
- Schedule EIC -- Schedule not Printing if Reporting More than Two Qualifying Children
- IRA Recharacterizations -- Recharacterization Explanation Doesn't Print
- Early Distributions from Roth IRAs
- Earned Income Credit and 1998 Roth IRA Conversions Taxable Over Four Years